Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- FORMAT: the maximum number of words per section and no use of footnotes or endnotes; accepted languages are English, Portuguese and Spanish, taking into account the native language of the first author; figures must have titles and sources, be editable and limited to six(6), preceded by reference and with a supplementary document attached; photographs must have a minimum resolution of 300 dpi in Tagged Image File Format (TIFF); graph and figure combinations must have a minimum resolution of 500 dpi and TIFF format or Encapsulated Post Script (EPS).
- SECTIONS: In accordance with sections accepted by the Online Brazilian Jornal of Nursing.
- ATTACHMENTS: For research done in Brazil, evidentiary documentation of the project’s approval from the Research Ethics Committee (CONEP) must be attached, whenever applicable (Item XII.2 of Resolution 466/2012 from the National Healthcare Counsel). In the case of international research, there must be documentation regarding ethics in compliance with the legislation of the country of origin, in agreement with the Declaração de Helsinki.
- DEADLINES: Submission fee (3 days after notification); publishing fee (7 days following notification); opinion reply (7 days following submission); gathering of data on the day of submission (up to three years); manuscript references (up to five years); proof-reading after the reception of material reviewed in Portuguese, translated into English and Spanish ( 3 days after reception). Corrections after publishing will be made up to 10 days after publishing, which will be done by the proofreader and imply reattribution of DOI at the expense of the author. The non-compliance with any deadline may result in the archiving of the article without the author’s right to complain thereafter.
- PEER REVIEW: this is an evaluation process done by peers and blinded. To guarantee this, it is the author’s responsibility to remove any information that may lead to his or her identification of affiliation, whether in the text or file properties before the file is loaded (step 2 – manuscript transfer).
- EDITORIAL WORFLOW: there are several factors that have an impact on the average time for the manuscript completion, such as quality, themes, layout, evidence level, availability of reviewers among others. Generally, the time for article completion is inversely proportional to the quality of the manuscript.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
a. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication, with the work perpetually after publication simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
b. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
c. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
Additional Site and Article Access Restrictions
1- Users must be registered and log in to view open access content.
2- Users can register themselves with the journal in one or more of the following roles:
* Readers (will receive notifications and be counted as equivalent to a subscriber)
* Authors (can submit materials to the journal)
* Reviewers (available for reviewing submissions)